[xubuntu-users] Subversion client for Xubuntu?
Skip Evans
2007-06-08 20:29:37 UTC
Hey,

Anyone know of a GUI client I can run on Xubuntu
for Subversion? I found SmartSVN but found no
package for it.

Thanks,
Skip
--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
http://phpenguin.bigskypenguin.com/
Vincent
2007-06-08 20:51:46 UTC
Post by Skip Evans
Hey,
Anyone know of a GUI client I can run on Xubuntu
for Subversion? I found SmartSVN but found no
package for it.
There is RapidSVN but I don't really like it, mainly because it just uses
the svn libraries and thus isn't a front-end for subversion. The worst thing
was that comments on commits would not really be committed. You can try it
out though.

Thanks,
Post by Skip Evans
Skip
--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
Vincent
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Skip Evans
Hey,
Anyone know of a GUI client I can run on Xubuntu
for Subversion? I found SmartSVN but found no
package for it.
Thanks,
Skip
there's another one called 'subcommander'. it's available in the ubuntu
repository. i've personally never tried it.

~luzi
Jim Campbell
2007-06-08 21:46:33 UTC
Post by Skip Evans
Hey,
Anyone know of a GUI client I can run on Xubuntu
for Subversion? I found SmartSVN but found no
package for it.
Thanks,
Skip
Xfce uses websvn . . . you can check it out here: http://svn.xfce.org/ (no
pun intended). :-)

Jim
jwcampbell at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Thanks, will do.

I found and downloaded kdesvn.

Anyone have an experience with it?

Of course there's always good old command line,
which I'm fine with, but wanted to see what gui's
there were all the same.

Skip
Richard S. Crawford
2007-06-09 21:30:20 UTC
Post by Skip Evans
I found and downloaded kdesvn.
Anyone have an experience with it?
I use kdesvn pretty extensively, since I use Subversion to maintain my home
directory and all my writing files. It's a pretty solid tool.
Editor In Chief, Daikaijuzine (http://www.daikaijuzine.com)
AIM: Buffalo2K / GTalk: underpope at gmail.com
"We are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is."
(Kurt Vonnegut, 1922 - 2007)